***This post was updated in March of 2023, but it was originally posted a year ago after Scream 5 was released***
I was going to post this a week ago, but I decided to wait until Scream 5 was in theaters for 2 full weekends. I saw a ranking blog online, and didn't agree with the list, so I decided to do one of my own.
6. Scream 3 - by far the worst movie in the series. I figured out who the killer was about halfway through and the story line itself was pretty weak.
4. Scream 5 - Again, I found out pretty early on who Ghostface was, so kinda ruined it after that. I also don't like that they killed one of the original characters.
3. Scream 4 - This one caught me by surprise. I thought it was surprisingly good for a reboot AND it went back to the root of the Scream movies. I mean, it followed 11 years after Scream 3 but was just as good as the first 2. (Side note: My fave Ghost Face and apparently the most kills of any other movie in the franchise)
2. Scream - the movie that kicked off the series almost 26 years ago. I still love the fact that you never see the ending coming in the series - they keep you guessing until the very end. I love Matthew Lillard and Jamie Kennedy in this movie, and Neve Campbell is a total bad ass
1. Scream 2 - This is still my favorite movie in the series; the only thing I didn't like was that they killed off Randy. The reveal in the original movie was definitely memorable, but I like that they changed it up a little bit this time around. I still love Randy in this movie. I wish this movie hadn't been followed so closely by 3.