When I had the opportunity to interview Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees, I definitely jumped at the chance. I really appreciate all his support (he is on my Facebook friends list, and he is also following me on Twitter!)
1. How did you get started in the music industry? Have you been singing/playing music since you were a kid? I started singing at a party with some friends at Kent State University when I was in college. We were trying to impress some girls. I sang all of my life in musicals and choir and stuff, but never took it too seriously.
2. Out of YOUR songs (including 98 Degrees), what's your fave?
Heaven's Missing an Angel is my favorite 98 Degrees tune. Perfectly Imperfect is my favorite solo song.
3. What can we expect to see/hear from you in the next year?
A lot. I'm creating a new show on the strip here in Las Vegas. There are also talks of a reality show, and I've got a ton of new music to get out there.
4. What do you like to do in your spare time? How's family life?
I either do music or hang out with my wife and kids. That completely satisfies me. Love family.
5. What other musicians do you like?
I'm a big Michael Jackson fan. I love Prince, Boyz II Men, and totally dig classic pop/rock bands like Journey, Eagles, Boston, and Foreigner.
6. What was it like working with Chippendales?
I had a blast. Time of my life. The guys are rockstars, and the gig rejuvenated my career.
7. If you could perform with anyone, who would it be?
Of course if Michael Jackson were alive, I'd pick him. I'd love to work with Brian McKnight or Christina, but they are part of a long list!
8. Have you kept in contact with any of your former fellow group members?
Yes, I talk to the guys from time to time.
9. As a member of the LGBT community, I must ask: Are there any other Pride festivals/non-profits you do besides Las Vegas?
I've performed at a few Pride Festivals. They are among the best audiences I've had the pleasure of performing for. I support the community, and would love to do more shows.
10. How do you stay fit?
I really got into shape for the Chipps gig. I lost 22 lbs. I do a combination of HIIT Training, P90x, and very heavy free-weight lifting. I'm glad I took the gig, it forced me to get healthy!
If you would like to contact Jeff, you can find him on his official website, his Facebook Fan Page, or his Twitter.