5. Footloose (2011) - The original came out when I was a little kid, and it was great (the theme song is still my favorite song from a movie - ever). The remake just didn't compare...neither did the song:
4. Fame (2009) - I actually liked it better than the first one, and so did my Mom :)
3. Rent (2005) - I remember being so excited when this movie had come out because I had never seen the musical before. I thought it was well worth the wait!
2. High School Musical (2006) - I was in my 20s when this movie came out, and I honestly only wanted to see it cause of Ashley Tisdale (and I am a sucker for musicals), but I ended up really loving it. It spawned off two sequels and started a phenomenon. It also kicked off the careers of a lot of young stars:
1. Burlesque (2010) - What makes a good musical? Great singers? Great actors? Great songs? This one has all three!